Language Translation Services & Production Fees
Eligible costs include fees for services and production related expenses to translate and print/produce marketing and technical materials for products and services.
*Separate application required for each languages and/or item translated.
*Applications must be received at least 14 days before the proposed activity.*
- Chinese: 75% reimbursement up to a maximum of $4000
- All other languages: 50% reimbursement up to a maximum of $4000
Eligible Expenses **
Projects can include (but are not limited to, at the discretion of the Program):
- Promotional and sales materials (brochures, advertisements, and catalogs);
- Technical specifications, data sheets and;
- Layout, design and printing.
*If an anticipated cost is not listed above applicants should contact the Program to determine eligibility.
**Applicants who have previously received program funds for Activities 1 & 2 are limited to one additional grant per activity.
- Souvenirs, models, imprinted clothing, buttons, gifts, prizes, promotional items, mementoes, scholarships, contributions, donations, or similar gratuitous transfers (whether in the form of cash, property, or services);
- Employee or owner salaries or compensation (in-house translations are ineligible);
- Entertainment costs, including meals, alcohol, parties, receptions, mixers, or other social activities, or tickets to shows or sporting events;
- Creation of or supplementing a reserve or contingency fund or account;
- Match or support for any other Federal projects;
- Membership fees or dues in any business, technical, trade, professional, civic, community, country club, social or dining organization (whether in the name of the recipient organization or an individual);
- Fund-raising (including, but not limited to, soliciting funding or contributions or raising investment capital from individuals, public/private organizations, or government entities);
- Lobbying or "grassroots" advocacy activities (including the endorsement or opposition of political parties, candidates, initiatives, referenda, petitions, or the cost of protests or demonstrations) directed at any level or branch of government;
- Indirect costs or depreciation; bid and proposal costs; legal expenses; fines, penalties and mischarging costs;
- Any cost not directly related to international trade development and preapproved by this program