International Trade Show Assistance
Attending wholesale trade shows is a great way for a company to introduce their products to a global audience as well as help maintain awareness of their products in the marketplace. However, they are capital intensive. To help mitigate risk and provide opportunity this program provides partial reimbursement for marketing expenses related to attending trade shows with international buyers.
*Applications must be received at least 45 days before the proposed activity to ensure proper authorization.
- China (PRC): 75% reimbursement up to a maximum of $8000
- All other countries: 50% reimbursement up to a maximum of $8000
- United States: 50% reimbursement up to a maximum of $8000 (show must be on the U.S. Commercial Service approved list and the product must have a high potential for export as determined by the Program)
**Travel Stipend: While travel costs are ineligible expenses as part of the reimbursement, one fixed travel stipend per company is provided (importers, in-country reps, and distributors are NOT eligible for the stipend). The travel stipend can be used to pay the way for only one person, not for multiple people.
- Outside North America - $1200
- Canada & Mexico - $800
- United States - $500 (show must meet criteria listed above)
A stipulation to receiving a travel stipend is the requirement to use a U.S. air carrier for transportation to and from the event as stated in the "Fly America Act."
Make sure to keep all travel receipts (i.e. air flight, hotel and meal receipts) in order to receive reimbursement.
Eligible Expenses **
- Exhibit space fees and registration;
- Booth rental;
- Booth production (cannot exceed $5000);
- Display elements (graphics, banners, signs, racks, decorations, lighting);
- Booth furnishings (table, chairs);
- Shipping and storage (drayage, freight, exhibit storage);
- Show services (set-up and tear down, utilities, card reader, security) and;
- Trade show advertising and promotional literature
*If an anticipated cost is not listed above applicants should contact the program to determine eligibility.
**Applicants who have previously received program funds for Activities 1 & 2 are limited to one additional grant per activity.
- Travel (transportation, accommodations, meals, etc) other than the travel stipend;
- Creation of or supplementing a reserve or contingency fund or account;
- Match or support for any other Federal projects;
- Entertainment costs, including meals, alcohol, parties, receptions, mixers, or other social activities, or tickets to shows or sporting events;
- Souvenirs, models, imprinted clothing, buttons, gifts, prizes, promotional items, mementoes, scholarships, contributions, donations, or similar gratuitous transfers (whether in the form of cash, property, or services);
- Membership fees or dues in any business, technical, trade, professional, civic, community, country club, social or dining organization (whether in the name of the recipient organization or an individual);
- Fund-raising (including, but not limited to, soliciting funding or contributions or raising investment capital from individuals, public/private organizations, or government entities);
- Lobbying or "grassroots" advocacy activities (including the endorsement or opposition of political parties, candidates, initiatives, referenda, petitions, or the cost of protests or demonstrations) directed at any level or branch of government;
- Employee or owner salaries or compensation;
- Indirect costs or depreciation; bid and proposal costs; legal expenses; fines, penalties and mischarging costs;
- Any cost not directly related to international trade development and preapproved by this program.