For purposes of this program, the term "eligible small business" means a Montana small business that:
- has been in business for not less than the 1-year period ending on the date on which assistance is provided;
- operating profitably, based on operations in the United States;
- meets size definitions used by the SBA (under 500 employees OR report less than $7 million in annual revenues). To see if your company meets the SBA Small Business Size Standards (view specifically 13 CFR §121.201), visit: http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title13/13cfr121_main_02.tpl;
- has demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping;
- has a strategic plan for exporting in effect;
- agrees to provide the program with export sales information resulting from the grant activities.