The Montana District Export Council (DEC) is a volunteer organization drawn from Montana State businesses, governmental agencies and non-profits. The members have in-depth knowledge and experience in international business and are available as a unique source of professional advice to help other Montana firms compete and win business in the international marketplace. The Montana DEC works closely with the Montana U.S. Export Assistance Center of the U.S. Department of Commerce's Commercial Service to accomplish its mission through:
- Coordinating the Governor’s Excellence in Exporting “Exporter of the Year” nominations and awards
- Counseling, educating and mentoring local businesses
- Identifying key issues affecting Montana industry competitiveness in the global marketplace
- Advocating on behalf of Montana's trade community
- Enhancing the efforts of the Montana Export Assistance Center
Click on Montana District Export Council for more information about the council.